Life Fitness is one of the earliest brands offering a wide range of exercise machines such as the elliptical trainer. We say for ever simply because their gym equipment has received more than its fair share of customer praises and industry awards, all of them proudly justified. Just to name a few of these rewards, you have citations from SmartMoney, Runner's World, and ConsumerSearch.
This is not a surprise considering that the Life Fitness brand is manufactured by a company with over 27 years and counting of experience in the fitness market. In fact, it is a trusted brand in over 120 countries and thousands of gyms.
The Life Fitness elliptical trainers are known for their durability, functionality and beauty. The materials used from the metal alloy to the upholstered seat are extremely durable, thus, guarantee many years of service. Because the elliptical trainers have been designed by biomechanical engineers and other design professionals, consumers are assured of comfortable and ergonomic but challenging trainer for just about every fitness enthusiast. And of course, the attractive physical form of the elliptical trainers will make any owner proud to have one in their home gyms.
And the variety of choices is not bad either. Fitness buffs can choose from six models with a variety of features, benefits and, of course, prices, which can be summarized as follows:
- Club Series – This is the home gym version of the highly popular health club model. As such, the console and stride are similar to each other with a few tweaks to accommodate home use. The standard hand sensors for heart rate monitoring are still present, which makes heart zone rate training easier.
- X8 Series – Electronic stride adjustments coupled with the low-impact workout makes the X8 Series as popular as ever. Customers can customize the unit by adding either the advanced or basic console despite the heart rate sensor remains.
- X5 Series – If you are looking to target numerous muscle groups, the adjustable stride length (4, in fact – sprint, jog, run and walk) of the X5 Series is the best option. Again, customization via the console is possible. An X5i is also available.
- X3 Series – With its WhisperStride technology, the elliptical trainer provides for fluid motion while being quiet. It is advantageous in terms of better enjoyment of your entertainment options through the customizable console. A better model within the same line is the X3i.
- X1 Series – It has a fixed stride length that is just perfect for beginners. You can also customize the console for an additional price.
- Sports Cardio SX30 – This is at the lowest end of the Life Fitness line so you might want to check on other models if you want excellent value for your money.
Just to emphasize, the workout consoles boast of built-in television sets with iPod integration capabilities, both of which provide for visual and audio entertainment. Of course, the standards of all exercise machines – readouts for duration, intensity, incline and heart rate are also included.
All in all, the Life Fitness elliptical trainers are good value for your money. The most important thing is that you use them properly, regularly and safely.