The thing about traveling is finding some decent hotels with great fitness centers. While it does not matter much to me because I can exercise anywhere, having a nice place to work out may be important for many others. I'm going to list some to the best places in the United States where you can get a great workout in facilities that even offer state of the art equipment.
1. The Houstonian Hotel has one of the best fitness facilities anywhere. Known as The Club it boasts 125,000 square feet of training space. That includes an indoor track, rock climbing wall, and a boxing ring. You can even get facials and massages afterwards at their spa. There is so much more going than I mentioned here. Did I forget to mention the indoor pool?
2. The Venetian in Las Vegas has a 12,000 sq. ft. facility known as the Canyon Ranch SpaClub. It has nutritionists, personal trainers and a rock climbing wall that's 40 feet high. Check it out when you visit Las Vegas.
3. The Four Seasons in San Francisco has a Sports Club / LA fitness center which is 127,000 sq. ft. in size. Some of that includes a Jr. Olympic Pool, life coaches, nutritionists, and a boxing ring. It is located in downtown San Francisco.
4. Sheraton Hotels has something for the busy traveler who loves to exercise – Core Performance fitness centers. Located at various locations wherever you find a Sheraton, Core Performance is what the name implies – focused on core and total body training. It's quick and effective (the way I like it). They will even get you started with a "Gym-in-a-Bag" room service.
5. The Embassy Suites in Chicago offers a top notch fitness facility that includes an indoor pool. You also get a view since the hotel is located on the waterfront.
There are many hotels that have great places for fitness. Again, you do not need a fitness center to exercise in. For many people it is convenient and offers many amenities that you do not get when you train alone. Check them out as well as others okay? I hope offer hotels that have many outdoors activities where you can get some great exercise. That's my cup of tea anyway. If you do not have the money for the above hotels, then it's okay to do training in your room. You might even want to run the stairs. It all counts.
Have fun, stay fit and healthy.