Tagged: , euskaljakintza , euskaljakintza4 , aerobic … Read More
The debate: should you pay for a membership to a gym? Or should you buy some home fitness equipment, instead? Although this may seem like a simple question, it is mostly just a question of money. Both gym memberships and home fitness equipment can be very expensive. If you have the money, definitely buy both. If you do not … here is a quick guide to help you decide which is best for you.
Benefits of a gym membership:
· Exercising around other people can be highly motivating – it may just motivate you stay on that treadmill for 10 minutes longer (even if it is just because you do not want to look foolish getting off too soon).
· Gyms often have classes that you can drop in on. Again, there are benefits to working out with other people. Also, many of these classes are just as fun as they are good for you. And you can make it a point to visit the same classes day after day – it is a good way to get you to the gym.
· Gyms have multiple types of equipment and weights – a lot more than you would be able to fit into your home. At a gym, you have a choice between the elliptical machine, a treadmill, a recumbent bike, a rowing machine, etc. There are also multiple weight machines for you to use – each one focusing on a different muscle.
· The equipment is kept up-to-date. Your gym might have some of the newest and greatest exercise equipment available.
· At a gym, you can hire a personal trainer (and sometimes you can even get one for free!). A personal trainer can help you decide what sort of workout is best for your body type and to accomplish the goals that you have in mind. Some gyms even have nutritionists on staff.
· Some gyms have swimming pools and saunas, etc.
Benefits of home fitness equipment:
· You do not have to pay monthly or yearly fees. Once you buy your home fitness equipment, you have few other costs associated with it.
· You can hop right out of bed to go use your home fitness equipment – you do not need to make sure that your hair looks all right, and you do not need to waste time and money driving to the gym.
· You can put in a movie or watch whatever TV you choose to when you are exercising at home.
· If you start to feel sick, hungry, thirsty, or need to go to the bathroom during the middle of a workout, you can stop right then without feeling embarrassed.
· You can exercise at any time you wish, night or day.
· Many types of home fitness equipment can be easily stored away when you are not using it, so you do not have to worry about sacrificing space in your house.
All in all, the choice is completely up to … Read More
Guerreros Boot Camp Personal Training
Tagged: , Guerreros , personal training , boot camp , fat burning , sweat dripping , body toning , workouts , half price , elizabeth , newark , nj … Read More
Working out at the gym is a great way to exercise and relieve stress. If gym equipment is not properly used though, you could be seriously injured. If you plan on using exercise equipment, consider following these safety tips during your workout.
# 1: Get to Know the Equipment. Make sure you know how a piece of exercise equipment works before using it. Read the written instructions or diagrams on the machinery, have a friend show you, or ask a trainer. Start initially with a lighter weight to get used to the motors used on the machine, then raise the weight as desired.
# 2: Check All Safety Attachments and Cables. These will vary depending on the machine you're using. On a treadmill, attach the emergency stop cord to your clothes. On machine weights, check to make sure the weight pin is completely inserted to secure the weight. Also look for any sign of damage to the cables that lift the weight. On free weights, make sure the weights are secure on the bar and will not fall off.
# 3: Use a Weightlifting Belt for Heavy Weights. When doing squats, powerlifting, or other heavy weightlifting, use a weightlifting belt to protect your lower back from injury. Even with a good posture, a sudden shift in weight or too many reps could put too much stress on your back. A weightlifting belt braces your back in these cases, protecting it from injury.
# 4: Use a Spotter When Weightlifting. If you are pushing your max weight or rep count, you should consider using a spotter. A spotter can help you lift the weight if you get stuck or injure yourself while lifting.
If You are Injured
If you follow the above safety steps but find yourself injured while using exercise machinery, you may be a victim of a gym equipment malfunction. You may entitled to compensation if someone is found to be legally responsible for your injuries. … Read More
Fitness Together Lynnfield
10A Post Office Square
Lynnfield, MA 01940
Tagged: , personal , trainers , lynnfield , ma … Read More
If you want to lose weight, get fit, build muscle or do all three then you are going to have to use some kind of equipment at some point. Whether this is paying for a gym subscription in order to use an array of different machines and gadgets that will aid in helping you achieve what you want for your body or buying different weights and machines for your own home gym.
Whatever the choice is, it can be very expensive. Machines and weights and gym subscription do not come cheap. There is also the chance that you may not continue going to the gym or using the machines or weights you bought, so you are then paying for something that you are no longer using.
There are some cheap alternatives that really do the trick when it comes to fitness equipment, there is no real need to spend a fortune on expensive equipment. This is specifically true if you are just starting out on getting into shape or exercising. It is better to buy some simple cheap equipment that gets results and gets you used to exercise before you progress to anything that is going to cost a lot of money. This way you will know that you are going to carry on with exercise before you spend a fortune.
The good thing about the simple and cheap fitness equipment is that they do not take up a lot of room either, unlike bulky expensive machines. If you were thinking that these cheap alternatives will not give you the results that you are looking for then think again, you will find most of these in a professional gym or health spa, so you know they are great bits of kit.
There are many different types and some work better than others, here are some that I have tried and tested and have found to be very effective and cheap of course.
The first one, which is such an effective piece of kit is the exercise ball. You can do so many different muscle toning exercises with the ball and they are so cheap. Then something that I have found really effective is resistance bands, again very cheap and so versatile that you can take them with you when you travel. A pair of good running shoes are also cheap and running is great for a cardiovascular workout to keep that heart fit. … Read More